Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:03:24 EST
From: SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Being a pro
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Simply making money as a musician does not IMO make a harp player a  pro.
After hearing thousands of harp players, mostly over rating themselves, a
pro to
me is someone who has complete control of the instrument, can produce  great
tone when they want, hit every regular bend precisely, and hold a PLEASING
vibrato, being able to phrase, know when to play and when NOT to play, and
can
engage the audience so they feel like they are being played to, not at, or
look  what I can do. Just because a woman is a prostitute doesn't mean she
can
make  love like a Pro. Yeah I take a hard stand on this because now anyone
can
make a  CD, before you had to earn your spot. You can have really good
players,
but  there is a line that separates a true pro from the rest. Thanks to all
for your  support of the new midsized amp, site unseen we have orders coming
in
which  makes me work harder to make sure it is what you dreamed of.