[Harp-L] Jason Ricci MARS Contest Update

Jason contacted me to let me know that at the time of the contest, he was waiting tables and playing locally 1 or 2 nights a week. This is the first I heard of it - Jason feels he had spoken to me about it before, but we never had that conversation. I'm glad he took the time to let me know today, though.

A lot of the local amateur harmonica players at the time were upset and MARS (at least in Orlando) knew of this complaint. It was a hot spot for a few months.

So, I apologize for the misunderstanding. Contrary to a few peoples opinions, I'm not in the least bit upset about what happened at that contest. It just seemed unfair based on the information I had up until today, as there are some pros (ringers) that use amateur contests to further their careers.

The Iceman