Re: [Harp-L] What constitutes a pro

Michael Rubin wrote:
> In Texas, common law marriage is as simple as presenting
> yourself as married.  I think that's what constitutes pro.
> If you present yourself as a pro, either to the community
> or the IRS, you are a pro.

Well, there's also a co-habitation requirement for "common law"
marriage.

If you present yourself as a "pro" to the IRS and yet receive no income
from it, it's a moot point, as far as they're concerned.  On the other
hand, if you don't "present" yourself as a pro, and they can prove you
earned income from it, they still don't care, they just want their
cut.

-tim