[Harp-L] What constitutes a pro

I know Tim was joking about this thread, but I had an idea about it.  In Texas, common law marriage is as simple as presenting yourself as married.  I think that's what constitutes pro.  If you present yourself as a pro, either to the community or the IRS, you are a pro.

  I also think you are certainly a pro if 100% of your living comes from musical means.  This includes gigs, recordings, teaching and writing.  I am not sure if it includes being a salesman in a music store.

  I personally would go so far as to say if you receive money for music on a regular basis, at least monthly, you are a pro.
  Michael Rubin
  Michaelrubinharmonica.com