  From: Norton Buffalo [mailto:Buffharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 3:05 PM
  To: Klein, Steven (DSCP)
  Subject: Re: Norton Buffalo got no respect!
  Steve,
  Thanks for your note. My ears were burning ... now I know why ....
  good to know that the Harp L room is buzzing ... and that my name
  pops up now and then. I'll have some more new music for you all to
  put your ears and harps to later this year. Meanwhile, as to your
  inquiry ... here's my take on it.
  After playing with Steve Miller for over thirty years, I have been
  introduced in so many ways, often different from night to night.
  There are evenings when I play harmonica on a big pile of tunes and
  other nights when I play on only a couple. Whereas I am most know
  around the world for my harmonica playing, both live and in
  recordings, with Steve, I have always considered that my most
  important job is my vocals. What can I say ... "I get no respect!!!".
  Usually during the course of our live show, he mentions my name
  either before or after each tune I play on, which ends up being a lot
  of mentions by the time the show is over, so I don't get bent
  regarding how he introduces me at the end of the show. Apparently
  those other introductions didn't reach the final cut on the DVD. I do
  know that we had a lot of fun doing the show that night! Especially
  the antics of my good pal, George Thorogood ... he was in rare form
  that night, as was the band, Satriani and Steve.
  It is, at times, frustrating juggling both my own career, recordings
  and performances alongside my touring with Steve. With my new
  recordings underway, I look forward to the time when my tours take
  precedence. As a long standing member of Steve's band, I still have a
  ball doing those shows and try like heck to make the two careers work
  well together. The past couple years, I have been much busier
  performing with Steve. I am hoping that with some new releases this
  year, that in the next year or so, you will see me out there a bunch
  more with my acoustic group, Norton & Friends, as well as with my
  band, The Knockouts.
  The Steve Miller Band is performing tomorrow (Sat Jan 13) at the New
  Orleans Superdome for a Saints playoff game. I will, however, be
  performing in Antioch, California with my duet with Roy Rogers and
  will not make Steve's show ... It was a short notice booking for
  Steve, and there was no way I could cancel my show to be there. Ah
  the "business" of it all ... if we didn't have to worry about
  that ... it would all be fun!!!!!
  Give my regards to all the Harp L folks ... Unfortunately, I just
  don't have the time to hang out in the chat zone. As you can imagine,
  when I show my head in places like that, the questions and notes can
  get overwhelming. Thanks again for your note and for your kind words
  and concerns.
  harmonically,
  Norton