From: Norton Buffalo [mailto:Buffharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 3:05 PM
To: Klein, Steven (DSCP)
Subject: Re: Norton Buffalo got no respect!

Steve,
	Thanks for your note. My ears were burning ... now I know why
good to know that the Harp L room is buzzing ...  and that my name
pops up now and then. I'll have some more new music for you all to
put your ears and harps to later this year. Meanwhile, as to your
inquiry ... here's my take on it.
	After playing with Steve Miller for over thirty years, I have
been
introduced in so many ways, often different from night to night.
There are evenings when I play harmonica on a big pile of tunes and
other nights when I play on only a couple. Whereas I am most know
around the world for my harmonica playing, both live and in
recordings, with Steve, I have always considered that my most
important job is my vocals. What can I say ... "I get no respect!!!".
Usually during the course of our live show, he mentions my name
either before or after each tune I play on, which ends up being a lot
of mentions by the time the show is over, so I don't get bent
regarding how he introduces me at the end of the show. Apparently
those other introductions didn't reach the final cut on the DVD. I do
know that we had a lot of fun doing the show that night! Especially
the antics of my good pal, George Thorogood ... he was in rare form
that night, as was the band, Satriani and Steve.

	It is, at times, frustrating juggling both my own career,
recordings
and performances alongside my touring with Steve. With my new
recordings underway, I look forward to the time when my tours take
precedence. As a long standing member of Steve's band, I still have a
ball doing those shows and try like heck to make the two careers work
well together. The past couple years, I have been much busier
performing with Steve. I am hoping that with some new releases this
year, that in the next year or so, you will see me out there a bunch
more with my acoustic group, Norton & Friends, as well as with my
band, The Knockouts.

	The Steve Miller Band is performing tomorrow (Sat Jan 13) at the
New
Orleans Superdome for a Saints playoff game. I will, however, be
performing in Antioch, California with my duet with Roy Rogers and
will not make Steve's show ... It was a short notice booking for
Steve, and there was no way I could cancel my show to be there. Ah
the "business" of it all ... if we didn't have to worry about
that ... it would all be fun!!!!!
	Give my regards to all the Harp L folks ... Unfortunately, I
just
don't have the time to hang out in the chat zone. As you can imagine,
when I show my head in places like that, the questions and notes can
get overwhelming. Thanks again for your note and for your kind words
and concerns.
				harmonically,
						Norton