[Harp-L] old princeton preamp swap?

I just received a beautiful new mic from Greg at blowsmeaway.com, with a hot
vintage CM element in it. Greg is as advertized - very patient, helpful,
and professional. (and I'm a picky pain in the...) The craftsmanship is
goregeous, and the mic has a wonderful warm crunchiness with great bottom -
it simply growls with my big chromatics and low diatonics.

I'm considering doing a preamp tube swap. I am a tube / electronics idiot (I
was raised by a pack of wild academics)  My amp is a '62 Princeton. The
problem is that I'm getting a lot of feedback at relatively low volumes.
Like, say, anything above a 2. I believe that the amp has two preamp tubes.
Both of them are 12AX7s. My understanding is that these are very "hot"
tubes, and that I may wish to consider another tube.

O.k., assuming I can get different tubes, which one or ones do I switch? How
is this done? What tubes should I look for to get more volume without
feedback?  Any other feedback advice with my configuration?

Thanks in advance.

- Blake

-- Blake Taylor http://46long.com http://www.myspace.com/46long