  From: icemanle@xxxxxxx
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:01 PM
  Subject: [Harp-L] IAJE - One Excellent Harmonicist from France

  Earlier I stated that there was a complete absence of harmonica at IAJE. I was wrong.

  This year's convention showcased talent from France. Along with Michel Legrand, there was a Saturday Night performance by "French Elite All Stars" including Oliver Ker Ourio on Chromatic Harmonica.

  The All Stars were incredible. Oliver was a wonderful musician. His tone was very warm and well rounded with a focus on melody. His blinding speed was used as ornamentation around the melodic lines.

  You European listers - any info on this great player?

  The Iceman

  ps - we were also blown away by Richard Galliano on accordion.

  pps - on the subject of original voices, there were plenty of retro/tributes to/hats off to the old masters by a lot of old masters sets. However, it was the few original voices and original concepts that caused a stampede to the CD tables after their performances - including French vocalist/scatter Anne Ducros and newcomer Sara Gazarek.

  New/Original Voices Rock!