From: <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:01 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] IAJE - One Excellent Harmonicist from France

> Earlier I stated that there was a complete absence of harmonica at IAJE. I
was wrong.

> This year's convention showcased talent from France. Along with Michel
Legrand, there was a Saturday Night performance by "French Elite All Stars"
including Oliver Ker Ourio on Chromatic Harmonica.

> The All Stars were incredible. Oliver was a wonderful musician. His tone
was very warm and well rounded with a focus on melody. His blinding speed
was used as ornamentation around the melodic lines.

> You European listers - any info on this great player?
>
> The Iceman
>
> ps - we were also blown away by Richard Galliano on accordion.
>
> pps - on the subject of original voices, there were plenty of
retro/tributes to/hats off to the old masters by a lot of old masters sets.
However, it was the few original voices and original concepts that caused a
stampede to the CD tables after their performances - including French
vocalist/scatter Anne Ducros and newcomer Sara Gazarek.