Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica & Guitar Duos, Past & Present

Carter asks:

"I have a sort of follow-up question to the harp duo question, and  I
know this is a very ambiguous and subjective question.  I've  been
really listening to acoustic folky blues harp/guitar duos (hence  the
recently acquired Alone and Acoustic) and trying to imitate  them.  If
you were to pick two or three of the duos on this list  to give to
someone like me, which ones would they be?
--
Carter

http://icasualties.org/oif/US_NAMES.aspx";

......right off, the first one would be "Up Against the Wall"  by Madcat and
Kane.  Peter "Madcat" Ruth's album with  Shari Kane is undoubtedly one of the
finest "acoustic, folky, blues harp  duos" you'll ever have the privilege of
hearing.  I love the  album.  You couldn't do better than studying from him.
That he  even graces us with his presence on this list every so often is  an
occasion for celebration because his harp playing is just brilliant,  and it's
kind of ironic that he is the one compiling the duo list.

Elizabeth