Re: [Harp-L] popper

> it's all in what you get from the music, i've heard people say that they evolved from the blues to jazz... if that's
how they feel so be it. in my opinion a true blues man is always learning and does not turn into something else he
improves what he is.  This is of course, only for a true blues man someone who is moved, not only by the music but the
entire feeling culture slangs joyfullness sadness drunkeness temperment.  there are too many people who can't see the
forest past the trees too many people that see blues as too simple and booring.  there are blues men that say more in
one note than other people can say on an entire album.  the right cord placed at the right place played with the right
intensity and tone riging pure evrynote has to be as important as the last.  it's about emotion it's not mechnical.
patience, rests, silence why does everybody wanna fill every hole, people are scared of silence.  Popper has an
increadible gift he has tremendous controle as does Sugar blue and Jason Ricci and i can guarentee that all of these
guys listened to and studied little walter as we all should.
In my opinion it's the best place to start and some make it a life long commitment if it makes you happy do it lifes too
short to do what you think other people want.  Play it from the heart or don't play.