Re: [Harp-L] James Cotton in Boston

Bob Cohen <bcohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We're all so fussy about gear. And there he was.  Sounding like the
> James Cotton on the records playing through nothing fancy.  Very
> humbling. I couldn't tell what kind of harps he was playing but I'm
> sure it wouldn't matter.  He'd still sound like Cotton with off-the-
> shelf whatevers.

i had a similar reaction when i saw him last fall.  it wasn't even his
own mic, just one of the knockaround vocal mics used in the regular
blues jam.  i suspect he could play a kazoo and he'd still sound like Cotton.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.