[Harp-L] Harp Duos

I have a CD called Sonny Jr. Live. It has four tracks done by the fabulous
Gary "Sonny Jr." Onifrio and I can't name the guitar player. This CD
certainly fits the great guitar and harmonica duo list. Sonny Jr.'s ability
to play in a duo, obviously, came from his background and development with
Sonny Terry. But, his own style is also spectacular and it features great
timing and a wonderful tone. The CD is live and the crowd is going
absolutely nuts! He once played a bit for me on my brand new SJ410 before he
packed and shipped it to me while we were having a long distance phone
conversation from Connecticut to Luxembourg. It was so sweet that I grabbed
my wife so that she could hear it as well. Needless to say, he is a
tremendous harp player soaked in tradition, a harmonica amp innovator,
technician, and an incredibly good and wise man.

Don't miss his act and seminars when he gets on the road. The music and
information will be truly valuable.

Someone else listed a harmonica duo in the conversation about harp-guitar
duos which suddenly intrigues me more. Besides Sonny and Sonny Jr. who are
the great harp or harmonica duos of the present and past? Or, where harp and
harmonica duos have occurred? I would even like a list of songs and albums
so that I could explore the possibilities of initiating a few harp duos in
our present band because the singer-guitarist-pianist, Johny Hensel, is an
accomplished harp player and I believe we could do something pretty special
having a guide to be able to improvise or create our own niche. So, now I
would like to compile a list of harp duos. Any suggestions?

Ron "Rockin' Ronny" Tuffel

"Don't Woogie Before You Boogie !"