[Harp-L] Michael Brecker RIP

Today we mourn the loss of a great Musician in NY whose Music lives on in our hearts all around the world.

Harmonica Content:
In 1980 Harris Simon, Pianist and Diatonic Harmonicist recorded a record SWISH with Michael.

Michael did many record dates with Toots way too many to mention here

Last fall I was at a rehearsal studion in NYC and as I went to the bathroom down the hall I heard some sweet sounds, I peaked in a room and spied Michael with Pat Metheny, Gil Goldstein and Jack
De Johnette....they were workin on Brecker's new CD which I guess will soon be released what I heard that day sounded terrific!

Toots news:

Last week Chris M mentioned "Third Stone from the Sun" and I tabbed it out...here's a version by Bassist Jay Anderson and Toots is blowing over the changes!
http://cdbaby.com/cd/jayanderson2

You can also check out some Toots on the upcoming Beatle Jazz CD, he's blowin' on "Beautiful Boy" and "Fool on the Hill"
http://www.brianmelvin.com/beatlejazz.htm

Goodbye Michael and thanx for the Music!