[Harp-L] Teflon

nonametribe wrote:

"Teflon Harp Covers?
Please don't.
Do a Google on the affects of ingesting teflon instead."

I did. It appears that most of the negatives tend to happen at extremely high temperatures such as 460º Fahrenheit and so forth. I have several teflon coated instruments, or at least several with teflon elements to them in some way shape or form, and have never noticed irritation or the like.

While it's good to be aware of any potential danger, this seems to be a case where the danger is specific to a certain type of usage, and not one which includes harmonica playing. Still, I might tend towards silver or chrome plating in any event, though both of those have negatives as well from a toxicity stand-point. It's always good to be cautious and informed, but that means being well-informed, IMO, and taking the time to look at all the variables involved.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'