[Harp-L] lost posts

Harp-l's content is filtered. Our filter is a pass filter in that it only allows certain types of content. Those content types are plain text, multi part mime and multi part alternative text. What they all have in common is a plain text component. We also do not allow attachments for the simple reason that with no attached files you cannot send an executable file or macro to the list. This is a very conservative approach but it has the benefit of stopping *ALL* viruses etc from reaching the subscribers. It's also a great way to stop spammers from getting to the list. Virtually all spam I've ever seen is html text. That's where the images are embedded. If a spammer spoofed a subscribers address the chances of that message reaching the list are slim and none. Is all of this inconvenient at times? Heck yes but the alternative is worse and better yet this doesn't cost a cent to implement. In the modern age of fast connection speeds and youtube harp-l is a text only anachronism. The irony being that I bet most of the harmonica videos you've watched on youtube were from links you teased from harp-l posts.

Siegfried writes:

Allegedly, my text isn´t plain but in html.

You know I couldn't really tell you for certain if this is true or not. I never saw the post after it was filtered but I can say with total certainty that the post in question was not plain text, multi part mime or multipart alternative. I'm really glad that Mr. Ross took the time to pass this along to the list because I really like reading what Siegfried has to say. fjm