To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica & Guitar duos, past and present

There's Steve Baker and Abi Wallenstein

And if we want to go beyond blues, we could mention

Donald Black and Malcolm Jones (Glasgow)

Donald Black and Donny Mackenzie (Glasgow and SPAH2005)

Mark Graham and Orville Johnson (Seattle)

Gilles Garand and Peter Senn (Montreal)

(This gets me to musing on a duo I had with a Cree guitarist named Joe
Chicken for a few weeks one summer around 1970. We would just sit down
and start to play. Out would come a tune neither of us had ever heard
before, but as we played it we would learn it pretty quick, and then
we'd forget it once it was done.)

Winslow

--- Peter and Connie Ruth <conruth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've part of the harmonica & guitar duo: Madcat & Kane (with
guitarist/singer Shari Kane) for over 16 years...

Today as we were rehearsing for our gig tomorrow at the Ark in Ann
Arbor, MI  we started talking about harmonica & guitar duos, and we
realized that there are really not that many...

So we stated making a list of harmonica & guitar duos, past and
present:

Sonny for Terry & Brownie McGhee  (our original roll models)
John Cephus & Phil Wiggins
Tom Ball & Kenny Sultan
Paul Richell & Annie Raines
Roy Rogers & Norton Buffalo
Joe Filisko & Eric Noden
Harmonica Fats & Bernie Pearl
Jim Biersdorf & Jim Kolbe
Johnny Rover & Nathan James

Who are we missing?

I'd like to compile a comprehensive list of harmonica & guitar duos,

past and/or present

Please add to the list.

Peace & Joy,

Peter Madcat Ruth madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.madcatmusic.net Ann Arbor, MI USA