[Harp-L] Earl Klugh

Don't think I'm not grateful for the informative responses...thanks to all of you who responded,,,but geez..it's like I don't want to go see Klugh now that I read what you have written!!

  ..." while Klugh was doing his set, a highly controlled affair that was almost
indistinguishable from a recording.."..."...That whole album has lots of good ol' fashion 'cuddle up by the fire' kind of tunes... kind of stuff that makes women and sigh and men hunt for the door!!!"...

  It sounds like I'll be bored listening to this guy play (despite his reputation for skill).  I really prefer some soul and improv, some emotion, not formatted playing.  And if I want to hear ol' fashion cuddle up tunes I prefer to hear them coming from a silky female vocalist...not a dude on a guitar (even though I invited my wife to come with me).

  So- I'll be dining in the East Village that night and instead of going to Blue Note to see Klugh, I suppose I can check out the other neighborhool establishments and dig the house bands...unless anyone has some recommendations for me?

  thanks

Larry C

Never Miss an Email