Re: [Harp-L] Norton Buffalo got no respect!

> "Klein, Steven (DSCP)" wrote:
> I recently purchased the "Fly Like an Eagle:30th Anniversary
edition
of
> the Steve Miller classic" which contains a 22 song concert DVD
(along
> with the CD). I highly recommend this collection; however, although
> Norton Buffalo played some great harp on it, when Steve Miller
> introduced the band, he credited Norton for his vocals and Conga
> playing, but made no mention of his harp playing. I felt that this
was
> big disrespect,

OK -I get to drop names- I know both these guys and they are consumate pros-duh? They both have over developed senses of humor and SM might have thought it funny to introduce NB as just "a backup singer/percussionist" (BTW--Norton does a lot of studio work as a singer too.)

The coolest thing about this is that SM probably realizes that Norton's amazing displays of virtuosity on harp throughout the show (even though he doesn't play all that much) spoke for themselves. People would have to have been sleeping not to notice Norton was the harp palyer. He is also quite animated on stage.

NB once told me: "I play more harp in the first set with MY band than I play on an entire SM summer tour!"

Michael Peloquin http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg http://www.harpsax.com

From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes has
it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline1