[Harp-L] Harmonica & Guitar duos, past and present

Peter Ruth wrote:

> I’ve part of the harmonica & guitar duo: Madcat & Kane (with
> guitarist/singer Shari Kane) for over 16 years...
>
> Today as we were rehearsing for our gig tomorrow at the Ark in Ann
> Arbor, MI  we started talking about harmonica & guitar duos, and we
> realized that there are really not that many...
>
> So we stated making a list of harmonica & guitar duos, past and present:
>
> Sonny for Terry & Brownie McGhee  (our original roll models)
> John Cephus & Phil Wiggins
> Tom Ball & Kenny Sultan
> Paul Richell & Annie Raines
> Roy Rogers & Norton Buffalo
> Joe Filisko & Eric Noden
> Harmonica Fats & Bernie Pearl
> Jim Biersdorf & Jim Kolbe
> Johnny Rover & Nathan James

You can add:
Papa John Kolstad and Mike Turk (1970s-80s)
Papa John Kolstad and Clint Hoover (currently)

Kolstad's not very widely known, but as the short list above proves, he's got great taste in harp players.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com