Re: [Harp-L] Re: Norton Buffalo got no respect!

I have played with a number of different bands as a sideman, and
when it comes to introductions, it's always a kind of game between
the performer and the audience.  Members of the band are nearly
always introduced as some kind of inside joke.  I've been introduced
as being from Berlin, Germany, as being the kazoo player, given all
manner of (tasteful and un-) pseudonyms -- it's all in good fun.

If I were standing on stage with Steve Miller and he chose to
introduce me as the janitor, I'd be counting my blessings.  I went
to see Aerosmith recently and they have a full-time keyboard player
that stands behind a curtain throughout the performance, and
*sometimes* gets to come out at the end and take a bow with the
band.

No disrespect intended, but my guess is that Norton is a WHOLE lot
less concerned about this than you are.

-tim

Klein, Steven wrote:
> Dear Fellow HARP-Lers,
> I have emailed Norton about this and will post his reply.
>
> Steve Klein

Message: 6