Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica & Guitar duos, past and present

"Carter castor" <cjcastor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's funny that you should post this.  I just got back from Border's with a
> new copy of Buddy Guy and Junior Wells' Alone and Acoustic.  I haven't even
> had time to listen to the whole thing yet, but from what I've heard so far,
> they make an amazing duo.

it's funny, 'cause by happenstance i have a playlist i call "front porch music"
consisting of guitar harp duos, including that album.  it is, indeed, great.

two others come to mind:

kim wilson and big jack johnson's "memphis bbq sessions"
kenny neal and billy branch - double take

stretching the definition a bit, i grew up listening to acoustic hot tuna,
consisting of jorma kaukonen on guitar, jack casady on bass, and
will scarlett on harp.  jorma has toured extensively; i'd guess there's
some guitar/harp duos in there.  i know john sebastian has played
with him.

sonny boy II's "keep it to ourselves" is largely sonny boy
and m.t. murphy, though some tracks feature other musicians.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.