Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 41, Issue 27

In a message dated 1/12/2007 12:06:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
robamillard@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

One of  my favorites was SBW1 and Big Joe Williams on the 9-string guitar.
Blues  Classics Label.

        This is the first time I have  ever seen any mention of a 9 string
guitar except for around my family. Can  you tell me about it? My brother gave
me one for Christmas last year. It's the  coolest Samick I have ever seen. It's
strung like a 12 string on the E, B, and G  strings and single on the D, A,
and top E string. Made for slide but I had a  very good friend (awesome blues
player) set it up so I could strum it and use it  for coffee house gigs and
writing and such. It has the best neck of any acoustic  I have ever owned, and I
have owned quite a few over the years. I can  loosen the strings and put in a
nut extender and play slide on it too. I've  looked all over the internet and
have never been able to find another one like  it. Thanx
         Randy