Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica & Guitar duos, past and present

Madcat wrote:

"At 10:56 PM 1/11/2007, Peter and Connie Ruth wrote:
>I've part  of the harmonica & guitar duo: Madcat & Kane  (with
>guitarist/singer Shari Kane) for over 16  years...
<...>
>So we stated making a list of harmonica  & guitar duos, past and present:
>
>Sonny for Terry &  Brownie McGhee  (our original roll models)
>John Cephus &  Phil Wiggins
>Tom Ball & Kenny Sultan
>Paul Richell &  Annie Raines
>Roy Rogers & Norton Buffalo
>Joe Filisko  & Eric Noden
>Harmonica Fats & Bernie Pearl
>Jim  Biersdorf & Jim Kolbe
>Johnny Rover & Nathan  James
>
>Who are we missing?"

....Now they might not "technically" fit this category, but if you've  heard
Jason Ricci & Shawn Starsky getting together acoustically sans  the rest of
New Blood on a few numbers including "Sonja"....there's  nothing prettier.  They
have a real special bond and a great "call  and response" thing going with
guitar and harp....in every show.   Works for me.

Elizabeth