[Harp-L] Re: Two Amps

There are times I play through two amps - I use and recommend using a Kendrick ABC box for the job. This is an AC powered heavy duty metal pedal box with one input and three switched outputs (you can do 3 amps if you want - guitar players sometimes use the 3rd output for a tuner). I got it on EBAY for @ $100.

I have also used a 'Y' cord (one female input and two male jacks), available at David Barrett's Harmonica Masterclass site, which works OK, too. The nice thing about the Kendrick ABC box is that you can select 3 sounds (amp 1 only, amp 2 only, amp 1 & 2 together) by stepping one the switches. The switches are silent (no big pops or noise at on or off). It functions as a nice silencer at breaks at gigs.

I have enjoyed this approach using a small class A Champ-like amp (Hurricane V-8) and a larger
Bassman like amp with a big bottom (SJ 410) as the two amps.

Mark Wenner of the Nighthawks used to slave a champ through a Bassman. Last time I tried that (3 prong cords, line out, etc.), I got the dreaded lip shock. Anyone know why that might have zapped me?

Andy Vincent