[Harp-L] HarpCoop Invitation

Dear List,

I needed a hobby this year ;-) and am trying to organize a marketing, advertising, and networking initiative for the harmonica industry. I'm hoping that when this is in full swing we'll see a stronger industry overall. I'm planning to send an announcement to the list a few times a month to remind folks that this is available. If there is strong objection or if FJM points the fickle finger of fate, I will stop.

Thanks for your patience and indulgence.

--Bob

======================================================================== ========
Harmonica Industry Marketing, Advertising, and Networking Cooperative (HarpCoop)

The Introduction
----------------
HarpCoop is an Internet-based marketing, advertising, and networking initiative sponsored by MojoTools Web Design to help independent harmonica gear craftsmen, retailers, teachers, and related vendors reach the greatest possible market.

Very talented harmonica customizers, gear innovators, and retailers follow their dreams and develop amazing products that fail to reach enough of their market to sustain their businesses.

Dreams aren't enough. Individually each vendor has a relatively small client base and a relatively small number of visitors to their web sites. Cooperating on marketing, advertising, and networking will help create a healthier market place over all.

By joining HarpCoop, vendors will be able to leverage each other's clients and come closer to reaching the entire harmonica market. Initially HarpCoop will focus on connecting the diaspora of vendors by using a banner advertisment sharing campaign.

In Practice
------------
Take a look at http://www.spiersharmonicas.com/public/gearlist.html. This page has the usual links to "friends" on the left. On the right are the banner ads. They are placed there with the MojoTools ad server, which is a set of programs designed to deliver and track banner ads on web sites. Hit the refresh button in your browser a few times and you'll see that the banners change.

You can also see the same ads the MojoTools Web Design web site:

http://www.mojotools.com/public/harpcoop/harpcoop.html

An Invitation
-------------
MojoTools invites vendors, retailers, gear innovators, teachers, and any harmoncia related business to join.

The Requirements
----------------
To be involved, vendors will either provide or commission a 350 x 100 px banner advertisement (MojoTools offers assistance for free), agree to add the code necessary to deliver the ads on their web site, and conduct their businesses ethically. You can put the banners anywhere on your site that you want.

The Code
--------
The code is just a bit of javascript that needs to be placed on any web page. All it does is calls the MojoTools ad server and places the banners in your web page.

Down The Road
-------------
Phase Two will be the creation of a database of harmoncia vendors which can be delivered on HarpCoop members' web sites in the form of a Yahoo-like directory.

Phase Three will look into deep networking and finding as many ways as possible to use the Internet to promote the harmonica industry.

A Challenge
The risk is low (the service is free for now). The potential high. Just do it. You come out ahead if you get even one customer from this.

Contact MojoTools Web Design for details on how to join the HarpCoop and include banners ads on your web site.

Best Wishes,

Bob Cohen
Principal, MojoTools Web Design
Blues Harmonica Lessons