Re: [Harp-L] Two amps

To slave a smaller amp to a larger amp you need to have a line out in the smaller amp. Some people use a power attenuator to reduce the signal . Use the line out of the lower powered amp to connect to the instr. input of the higher powered amp. Depending on the type of amp you slave to the results can be very desirable. I'm open to any corrections anyone may have as I'm not an expert by any means! I have however, had considerably good results using this method. Lenny Mallak

Dave Shannon <daveshannon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Something that I've never tried is playing through two amps at once -- I should be so lucky to get a gig that requires this. But I have wondered at the best way to approach this. Any clues? Here are the methods I know of:

1. Y-lead. Splits the signal -- but is there any loss of tone or a weakened signal?
2. Slaving an amp. I think this is where you go in input 1 and take a lead out of input 2 and stick that in input 1 of another amp. Is that right?
3. Use both outputs on a pedal. Most have a 'dry' out. Means the effect is only on one amp. But if you have a delay with a stereo output you could make this work for you.

Any other suggestions? Or answers to my questions?

Dave Shannon