Re: [Harp-L] New to the List

In a message dated 1/10/2007 4:07:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wtjoyce45@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,

I'm also new to the list. I've been playing about 30 years  with a hiatus or
two. I like the golden melodies from hohner, but also  play some special 20s
(the low tunings and the high G) and the Huang  golden mel knockoffs.

Thank you, I've been wondering about  some of the copies coming out. I need
to replace some of the flat key harps I  have for playing with people who tune
down a half step. I bought Big River Harps  the last time I did this, I think
I'll try these Huang's. How about the other  cheaper harps, do any of these
stand out as better to say learn how to gap on  and tune. They have to be good
enough to be able to bend them and get good tone  or I won't know if I'm doing
it right. I always give my old sticker harps to  people who want to learn how
to play. When they can play well enough to get all  the single notes and that
stuck reed bothers them it's time for them to buy  their own. I can't afford
to tear up my Special 20's learning how to tweek 'em  right, but I know that
tweeking will give me what I'm looking for. I guess I  should start keeping the
ones that go bad.
            Randy