From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Shawn Williams
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:41 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] wireless Q- overdriving the reciever

i got a guitar bug and AKG diversity unit for Christmas. i use a 520dx
bullet currently and am building a JT30 w/ white label shure. i notice
that
i have to turn the green bullet volume control down below 50% or the
reciever shows constant peak on the incoming signal. i wasn't going to
put a
volume control in the JT30, but may have to, considering this small
problem.
also, i do lose some of my head room to turn up the mic when i go to
non-crunch, clean sound for a few of our songs, so that my output volume
is
the same as with distortion.

does anyone else have this problem? is there a way to get around it?

for more info, i play into a RP-7 pedal board/processor and straight out
in
to the PA. with the mic turned down for the wireless, i have to turn up
the
RP-7 so the volume output is the same. no real problem there.  thanks,

Shawn
http://code29band.com