RE: [Harp-L] Wireless redux

The AKG Diversity can handle both the hi-z and lo-z (but not both at
once from what I remember). You can switch between lo-z and hi-z mics
though by using the snap-on xlr transmitter for the lo-z mics and the
guitar bug for the hi-z/bullet mics. The receiver will adjust
automatically. The diversity unit has two antennas and it picks the one
with the best signal from the transmitter, in case you are moving around
a lot.

Someone else said they set up the guitar bug so that it was straight
out, taped the hinge in the open position or something. But this unit is
discontinued by AKG I believe, at least the snap-on xlr part is. I got
one off ebay. I stayed away from the belt-pac, I want to be *truly*
wireless. I used someone else's and didn't like the belt pack and wire
to my mic, I'd get tangled in that as easy as the wires I was trying to
get away from :^)

I think sennheiser makes a good rig too from what folks say, but
expensive. I love having *no* wires. But the snap on used with some
'conventional' mics like the EV RE-10, sm57, etc can end up being a
looong wand to handle. What I *love* now is using it with the fireball,
it's a very small compact set up because the fireball is really just the
'ball' and xlr at the bottom, no extended 'stick' to deal with, and the
snapon just plugs right into that.

Ps snap-on question - mine doesn't seem to go into the middle 'mute'
position as far as the slider on the snapon. I guess that's broke?
Anyone else have that problem and fix it? Guess I'll have to try to take
it apart, but I hate to do that.

Welcome back to the land of the flying longnecks. Heck with the wireless
you can go out into the crowd and drink a few :^)

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA