Re: [Harp-L] Help with Delta Dawn

On 1/8/2007 7:51:10 PM, Vern Smith (jevern@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Thanks to all of you who responded to my request for advice.
<...>
> My faith that harp-l would aim me in the right direction was
> confirmed.  When several respondents tell me the same thing,
> I know that it is right!

Flooded Delta Dawn here...
Got the Flower she's got on, got the T-shirt, etc.... Ha! ;)

Seriously... go for it, Vern. Your way. It's a misconception that audiences espect traditional performances. Down deep, they long for tradition-busting performances. Use the HFC if that's what you're best comfortable with. Pull a few valves if you desire that diatonic growl.

I've heard you play, and yes, I see your issues. But, you're selling yourself short... you can do this easier than you think. Sure better than me and many others... trust me, I know that!

Personally, I hope you don't just hand this one over to some local wiz on the diatonic. And as most are aware, I'm definitely more comfortable on diatonic than chromatic. But, I'm more about harmonica in general, and who's to say you can't create the needed musical atmosphere with whatever harmonica you choose to use?

So, of course, I say go for it and make it your own!

Bobbie