Re: [Harp-L] Precious Experience

On 1/8/2007 6:15:25 PM, Leon & Gail Albin (spock@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote: > I must share my recent experience with the group. It will have > harmonica content...I promise. We know a young man who is studying > to be a film maker. He is an apprentice with a very well known > director. <...> > My friend asked if he could make the movie in my house and would > my husband and I be in a few scenes.

Gail !!! Good for you!! [Both!]

So cool! Let me congratulate you and send good luck wishes on what sounds like such a convivial and rewarding project for you and your aspiring film making friend!! Ok... I'm also nosy and want DETAILS! Ha!

Trust me... As part-time guru to my son who's on a vision quest for recognition as a musician-songwriter, I know the hope, fears and angst these young seekers must feel. It ain't easy! But, aside from that, I'm so pleased to see many such 'youngsters' recognizing their 'roots', be they personal or symbolic, and trying selflessly to incorporate them into their projects, and essentially, into their lives.

> The movie did not call for harmonica music, but he noticed all of
> my harmonicas and books laying about and asked me if I would play
> a song in the movie. I showed him a list of the ones I had mastered.
> He chose to have me play Precious Lord Take My Hand. It was a great
> experience and we are so hopeful our young friend will get the movie
> processed and that Mr.. WKD will like it.

Symbolically good song choice, yes? ;)

> I represented an old lady (pretty easy) and had to put my vanity on
> the back burner.

HA!!  Pretty hard, I'd say! ;-)
Hope your "Happy New Year" starts here, Gail!  You go, girl!!

Rootin' fer ya!
Bobbie