[Harp-L] Wireless redux

Hi Honeys I'm home!  I've been away from Harp-L for half-a-year, adjusting to my return to the USA.  , and I am glad to be back among you  . . .

Permit me to ask you hi-tech-hot-shot-harp-heads about wireless rigs.

I've looked through recent Harp-L postings re: wireless, and my impression is the AKG rig is the best/most-reliable/less prone to screeching etc.

My mic has an R5D controlled mag cartridge, I guess you'd call it a bullet-style hi-Z mic.  So the AKG Snap-On won't work without an XLR converter, which I suspect would alter the tone unaceptably.

Thus I looked at the AKG Guitar Bud which, I gather, acts like the xmitter one'd o-wise put on one's belt.

My Quandaries:

Can the Bud's springed hinge be adjusted so the unit doesn't fold up and put the antenna next to the mic/into my hands or mouth?

Is the G. Bud a single-frequency device?

Or should I get a belt-mounted xmitter?

Should I worry about having only a single-frequency unit (cheaper, I presume), or should I go for the AKG "Flexx" model with multi-frequency transmission in order to avoid cosmic convergence of radio signals/drop-outs/UHF TV re-runs?

Bonus question: are some frequency ranges more likely to be crowded than others?

Seeking to be untethered so I can roam around to find good monitor, and even hide behind the amps to avoid flying longnecks,

-Dave Fertig