[Harp-L] re Blue Sky

Hey Garry,
20 or so years ago I used the lead guitar lines in Blue Sky to teach myself
Major scale playing on guitar, which has a totally different feel than
typical pentatonic or blues scale playing.  One guitarist I played with
called this scale "happy lead " scale. The same applies to harp: in second
position (A harp for this song), every note of that lead including the
harmonizing guitar runs are accessible without overblows. I'm not much for
tab: I memorize the lead then work it out by ear and elbow grease.  There's
alot of draw bends in there and some breathing patterns that don't flow
easily for me.  So start on that 3 draw bend that starts the lead and go to
town.  It's worth working out the patterns for such songs: another one off
the top of my head that cops that sound and scale is Los Lonely Boys "How
Far is Heaven".
Zig