Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Suggestions for minor key practice

Tim Moyer writes (snipped):

"If you go to my band's MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/itpband) site
there are some live recordings, including one of a tune
called  "Softly As In A Morning Sunrise", which has a kind of "Hit
The Road  Jack" feel, including some changes to major in the
progression that  make it fun to play.  I do this tune in 3rd
position.

"Blue Bossa" on our MySpace site is also a minor song, and is  played
in fourth position.  If I remember right, this song has an  unusual
change to the major 6th, which puts you in 12th position for a
couple of bars, but it's fun nonetheless.

There are lots  of ways to approach minor songs, and no one way will
be best for all  of them, so experiment and have fun!

-tim"

.....wow...I had no idea THAT's the kind of music you played.   Where Jazz
meets the Blues, indeed! Great stuff!....and the kind of music  I've been
looking for (on harmonica).  Do you play purely diatonic  (of your own construct)?
.....do you ever half-valve them like PT does? or  are there any chromatics
ever in the mix?  Inquiring minds (and this  chromatic player) would love to
know.....

Any jazz fans out there who haven't yet checked out "In the Know's"  myspace
site...you can listen to the music without having to sign onto  myspace...this
is niiiiice, I've listened to "Softly as in a  Morning Sunrise" and now Blue
Bossa as I write this.   I  personally love "Summertime"...but this is way
cooler.

Elizabeth