Re: [Harp-L] Recording advice needed

"Joe Spiers" <joemopar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a VHS tape compilation of live performances by the late Kansas
> City bluesman Little Hatch, which I purchased at a fundraiser benefit
> for his family shortly after his death. I would like advice about how
> to transfer the audio to cd format, and possibly a program to mix it
> for better quality. Would this be something one of the digital
> recorders would do nicely? This isn't for the purpose of creating
> bootlegs; I just hate thinking I'm wearing the tape out every time I
> watch it or risk the machine eating it, so it just sits on the shelf.

assuming there are no legalethical issues, you might consider donating
this to the internet archive project once you have it in digital form.  it's
great to see things like this preserved.  there are a few obscure harmonica
audio recordings there.  not sure just what they do with video.

http://www.archive.org

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.