From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Joe Spiers
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 6:21 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Recording advice needed

I have a VHS tape compilation of live performances by the late Kansas
City bluesman Little Hatch, which I purchased at a fundraiser benefit
for his family shortly after his death. I would like advice about how
to transfer the audio to cd format, and possibly a program to mix it
for better quality. Would this be something one of the digital
recorders would do nicely? This isn't for the purpose of creating
bootlegs; I just hate thinking I'm wearing the tape out every time I
watch it or risk the machine eating it, so it just sits on the shelf.
Thanks,
Joe Spiers