[Harp-L] harmonica mics

I have never used a custom hot rod mic but have used green bullets and found
them muddy and almost atonal. I used a sm 58 for a long time and liked it. I
was fascinated with the idea of a ring mic so I bought a Harmonica Honker mic
and have used nothing else since. It doesn't color the sound even though it
has some kind of high end roll off (I guess thats what the clean-dirty pot
is). I keep the setting on clean as possible. The hand effects are quite
dynamic and its just more fun to play without holding a mic. Are the custom
mics worth it ? What is their advantage?
                          keep turning blue,
                            Jim French