RE: [Harp-L] San Francisco blues jams?

Leslie asked:
<major clippage >
> One last thing... how many woman harmonica players are on here?
> ...just curious... I play both harmonica and drums, but not at the
> same time... yet! ;-) Recently I received a comment that I have the
> good timing and rhythm of a drummer while playing harmonica.. it was
> the first time I ever considered the connection. Are there as few
> woman harp players as there are woman drummers, or even less?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Leslie & Tony
> Brewer, Maine

Leslie, good to see you posting!  I can't help you with your San Francisco
jaunt, but I can give you a hearty welcome aboard from one of the women who
hang around harp-l. There's at least a handful more who post and I assume
still more who don't. I'll let them chime in, too if they like.

In any event you've seen what goes on here, so you know there's a bunch of
extremely knowledgeable and talented harpers herein. As with most things in
life, you'll get out of harp-l what you put into it. It can get a little
testy from time to time, but don't let that discourage you.

Happy Harpin' and good luck in SFO (one of my favorite cities)!

Michelle

PS: Check out Dr. Ross and our own Peter Madcat Ruth. They both play
percussion and harp at the same time...   8^)