[Harp-L] Help with Delta Dawn

Thanks to all of you who responded to my request for advice.

I learned what brand of harp to use, was encouraged to try it, and was offered instruction.

To get an Eb diatonic quickly, I retuned a friend's proffered Lee Oscar E and it sounds good. Although bending on a diatonic is new to me, I am able to imitate some of the licks on the recording and have hopes, with more practice, of doing a reasonable if not an inspired harp backup.

Not being skilled in reading tab, I have transcribed the licks into standard notation and have added them to the sheet music of the piece. This involved repeating each lick many times on an iTunes playback.   I find that once I can see them, playing them becomes possible.  Although I may never become a fluent diatonic player, I may be able to do this one piece at this one gig.  A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step!

My faith that harp-l would aim me in the right direction was confirmed.  When several respondents tell me the same thing, I know that it is right!

Vern
Visit my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com