[Harp-L] Re: 2x10 amps

As with the Westside Andy and many other 2x10 amps, the knock is harshness.
My Cruncher is coming along great, I will not disclose what speaker config I
am  using, but it is not 2x10, I always push the envelope for maximum sound. No
 internal tricks to choke the sound and give delays in notes hit, as usual,
the  individual will be able to dial there's in with my unique tube swapping
system  if needed, but the way I have it stock is RAW with tone. I don't want 55
watts  as that just causes your band members to come up with you. I will have
35 usable  watts, playing is about dynamics, being able to hear yourself, and
having juicy  tone, not false tone. Orders are coming in, I appreciate all
the interest. As I  don't do the solder work or pay some kid 10 bucks an hour to
do it, my three  master engineers will be each hand wiring the chassis which
comes to me for  final assembly, tube setup and making it sounds as it should,
then I will still  pack them myself in custom boxes. That, along with my
commitment to stay with  the unique tint and protective gloss on my cabs is why I
am a bit more  expensive. You will get your little kit for spare tubes, plus
the fully  explanative manual, along with being here able to answer your
questions as a 30  year pro harp player.
NOTE: I am seriously considering doing my first workshop in Boston, by
myself. I am fully comfortable in spending 2 hours on Sonny's style, then I will
divulge all information about any amp you can think up, especially bassmans,
talk about mics, effects, all the participants should bring an A harp, I will
be  interactive with the members. Sonny's style is completely intimidating if
you  don't get the tips and understanding I can provide. You need to shut off
your  Chicago style switch in your brain, eventually you will be able to
combine both  styles together, how cool is that. Take what I give you and make it
your own  were Sonny's exact words, wood shedding 2 - 3 hours a day playing has
opened  doors for even me. I have spent 6 months mastering Mitch Kashmar's
upper  register sweetness, in purse not TB like he does, you know the story of
how I  was the one that taught him what TB was, and here I am busting my butt
trying to  learn from him, but I will share what I know. Please keep emailing me
off list  to get on my new amp list, I still have 410's, and will be taking
on students,  my criteria however is you must be able to bend all your notes
and have a decent  handle of the instrument. I will teach both styles. Mostly
taking what the  player has and direct them in the right direction. Bob Cohen, I
don't have your  email, please shoot me a mail, thanks.