[Harp-L] Precious Experience

I must share my recent experience with the group.  It will have harmonica
content...I promise.   We know a young man who is studying to be a film
maker.  He is an apprentice with a very well known director.  I am not
revealing the director's name because I don't want to embarrass myself or my
young friend.  My young friend called a few months ago and said that Mr.
Well Known Director wanted him to return home in December and make a movie
of the script he had written.  If Mr.WKD liked the movie, he would help him
get it entered into some film festivals.  My friend asked if he could make
the movie in my house and would my husband and I be in a few scenes.  We
told him "yes, of course, we will do anything we can to help you".  He
stayed with his parents about 25 miles from where we live and he came out
many days in December and made his film.  He would take the dailies to meet
with a local producer and they viewed them on the big screen of a high
school.  He would also send the dailies to Mr.WKD.   My husband and I had
some acting experience and our friend seemed to be pleased with how it went.
    The movie did not call for harmonica music, but he noticed all of my
harmonicas and books laying about and asked me if I would play a song in the
movie.  I showed him a list of the ones I had mastered.  He chose to have me
play Precious Lord Take My Hand.  It was a great experience and we are so
hopeful our young friend will get the movie processed and that Mr.. WKD will
like it.  I represented an old lady (pretty easy) and had to put my vanity
on the back burner.  Even if the movie goes no where, I have no regrets.  My
own son is a producer / director and he advised me to not get too excited.
He said lots of movies end up on the cutting room floor.  Just thought I
would share.
Happy New Year to all,
Gail