Re: [Harp-L] San Francisco blues jams?

Thanks Greg!

Another vote for Biscuits 'n Blues! I've been looking at all the links you sent too.. I really like the looks of The Redwood City Blues Jam... but unfortunately I think the distance is prohibitive as we will not want to drive after playing and partying. We'll just have to see if we can liven up Skip's Tavern for a night!

I will check out the calendar too. Between your ( & Bill's) suggestions and the calendar link we should be all set!

Leslie

Greg Heumann wrote:
Leslie - there are some great jams in the area; unfortunately NOT in S.F. itself. There are 3 places in SF you can count on hearing good blues almost any night: Biscuits and Blues http://www.biscuitsandblues.com/, Lou's Pier 47 http://www.louspier47.com/cgi-local/sche.cgi and The Saloon http://www.sfblues.net/Saloon/Saloonschedpage.html. I only know of one jam in SF - on Tuesday nights at Skip's Tavern http://www.skipstavern.com/ - pretty much acoustic, can go from sort of OK to awful.

However there are excellent jams in the bay area. Worth it even if you have to rent a car. At the top of the list would be RJ Mischo's jam at Mojo Lounge in Fremont http://www.themojolounge.net/ on Tuesday nights (45 minutes from SF) and Wednesday night at the Redwood City Blues Jam at The Little Fox Theatre http://www.rwcbluesjam.com/ (35 minutes from SF) Both of these draw nice crowds and excellent musicians. There is also a new jam in Pacifica on some Thursday nights. On Sunday afternoons there is a good jam at The Pioneer Saloon in Woodside http://pioneer-saloon.com/ and another good one Sunday eve out on the coast at Old Princeton Landing http://www.oplmusic.net/