[Harp-L] vocal vs harp mic

The stereotype blues harp player is assumed to be using a harp microphone such as a Green Bullet, an Astatic or something even more sophisticated. Preferably with a customised crystal element. Which is cool and a vital part of the sound of that particular player.

Just saw a clip of Butter doing Born in Chicago playing harp through a vocal microphone. That reminded me of the question as to what kind of mike is good/better/best for blues harp.

I bought a Green Bullet years ago but was never comfortable with it. My playing has always been better with vocal mics. I used to think that it had to do with professionalism (which I lack) but that Butterfield video reminded me of many harp greats who use a vocal mic not only for singing but also for harp.

I've discussed and debated this with friends and I know there is not one simple answer to the pros and cons of these two mic categories but would be nice to read comments from others on the list.

Harri