[Harp-L] San Francisco blues jams?

Hello, I've been reading this list for a few years now and really enjoy it. So thank you to all who write in! I've been playing harmonica for about the same amount of time.. about 2 and a half years, and am finally to the point in the last 6 months where I can hold my own at blues jams pretty much wherever I go. My husband plays guitar and travels with me on all my trips which are mostly work related. Our favorite thing to do is look for blues jams in whatever city we're in. We always find the local musicians extremely welcoming and enjoy meeting people this way. We've been to Chicago, NYC, San Jose, Wilmington, NC, Boston and Halifax, NS. WIlmington and Halifax are 2 favorites of ours for the blues, small cities but loaded with great blues musicians. Chicago of course was an incredible experience... I was still too new at harp to join in but it was extremely inspiring (if you don't mind hearing"Little Red Rooster" played 2 or 3 times a night :-) )

We are going to be in San Francisco this week from Tues through Sat. for the MacWorld conference and would like to find a blues jam or 2. We will be in the Union Square area/Moscone Center area and won't have a car but can taxi it (hard to take equipment on public transportation so we would like to stay in the city). We prefer jams to open mics and also like smaller clubs as sometimes in the bigger clubs you have to wait 3 hours to play just 2 songs.. and it's harder to interact with other musicians. Our style is more towards rock/blues than jazz/blues. I've looked on the internet and found a few sites that lists jams but I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a SF blues jam from firsthand experience.

One last thing... how many woman harmonica players are on here? ...just curious... I play both harmonica and drums, but not at the same time... yet! ;-) Recently I received a comment that I have the good timing and rhythm of a drummer while playing harmonica.. it was the first time I ever considered the connection. Are there as few woman harp players as there are woman drummers, or even less?

Thanks in advance!
Leslie & Tony
Brewer, Maine