Re: [Harp-L] lee/walt -- Golden Oskar

The reverse is true. Blues harp "just" and Oskar equal tunings or
intonatations.

But isn''t the Golden Melody tuned more like the Lee Oskar.

I thought that was the concept that the GM was tuned more like a piano.

To further complicate matters, most harmonica makers don't distinguish the
tuning between chromatics (not the layout) and diatonics. Which means that even
if diatonic players and chromatic ever decided to play together -- their notes
would clash because of the different tunings.

I still haven't gotten my harps out and tried them against my chromatic
tuners so see if the Lee Oskar is really tuned at 443 and what the Golden Melody
is. And whether it is closer to the tunings of the solo layout of most
chromatics.