RE: [Harp-L] small amp, big venue?

From: "46long Blake" <46long@xxxxxxxxx>

My only amp (which I love) is a
'62 Princeton. I worry that it might not be enough amp for the gig. No line out. I don't know the size of the room, but from the website it would appear to be a 250 seat theater with bar area behind it. It's not a huge venue, obviously, but bigger than anything I've used the amp in. So, if this is my only amp, what approach should I take so I can hear myself, be heard, and not feed back (I haven't had to worry about feedback for years now - I forget the on-stage rules). Should I look to borrow a beefier amp?

just have the sound guy mic it throught the PA--mic'd will sound more natural than a line out. Line out is usually used for bass & keys. Th espeaker itself is a big part of harp & guitar sounds. (so I am told)
***Also, maybe set your amp more as a monitor for you-in front of you, facing back at angle to your face. He could put a little of you into the monitors for the other harp lovers in the band.

Michael Peloquin
http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg
http://www.harpsax.com

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline2