Re: [Harp-L] small amp, big venue?

"46long Blake" <46long@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's a really exciting opportunity for me, and again I'm
> flattered and honored.

congratulations, blake, that's great.

> So, if this
> is my only amp, what approach should I take so I can hear myself, be heard,
> and not feed back (I haven't had to worry about feedback for years now - I
> forget the on-stage rules). Should I look to borrow a beefier amp?

i assume there's no PA available, or you could mic (or lineout?) through that.
i'd expect a 250 seat theater to have some kind of sound system.

or you might try and borrow a keyboard amp from someone and mic through that.
then you'd be playing through your familiar rig but with some added volume.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.