Re: [Harp-L] A bit of an introduction

Johannes Jonsson wrote:
<Since IÂm writing anyway IÂd like to mention that the three real harmonica eye-openers
<for me were, each in itÂs own way, Richard HunterÂs "Jazz Harp", Steve
<BakerÂs "Harp Handbook" and Howard LevyÂs video, "New Directions
<for the Harmonica". However, the very first harp-book I got was"How to
<Play the Pocket Harmonica" by Peter Pickow and Jason A. Shulman, a very fine
<book I think for absolute beginners. Thanks to those people in case theyÂre on the
<list, I know that Richard Hunter is.

Jason Shulman, now deceased, was my editor at Oak Publications for "Jazz Harp".  He had a genuine appreciation for the harmonica and for music in general, was very intelligent and clear about what he wanted in every aspect of the book, and was always eager to learn.  I am certain that his efforts made "Jazz Harp" a much better book than it otherwise would have been.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
Latest MP3s always at http://www.broadjam.com/rhunter