Re: [Harp-L] Diminished Chromatic - available from manufacturers?

Hi Paul,

You can get a diminished chrom from Seydel even though it is not
explicitly listed on their web site.  The dimi tuning is in the same
price range as some of the other unusual tunings they list on the web
page:

http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=3595&Locale=en_GB

I just recently got one through Rupert Oysler who is a Seydel rep in the USA.

http://www.harprepair.com/

I was very happy with the speed of delivery (from Germany to Rupert to
me) and delighted with the harmonica.

If you want a dimi, I wouldn't hesitate to give the Seydel a try - any
other dimi would cost you quite a bit more to have made up.

Last month, kind of on a whim, I recorded myself practicing - I am
playing a Seydel Deluxe Chrom in the key of A, diminished tuned.  You
can hear that at:

http://jayplay.com/sounds/TwoFivesOnDimi.mp3

I hesitate to release this to the whole list, as it is not a real
prepared piece - it is just soloing over a playalong track in a jazz
style (Conrad Cork's LEGO playalongs).  But it does demonstrate how
one can play through a number of keys pretty easily on the dimi tuned,
I think. Give it a little while to download, it's 2 megs, and turn up
the volume as it's rather quiet.

Good luck with the dimi, and let us know how it turns out!

Jason Rogers

BTW, I was just an hour ago checking out Alfred Hirsch's web site,
which has a new look to it.  It's nice:

http://www.alfredhirsch.com/en/

He plays the dimi tuned "diatonic".